10:00-12:00 Signing @ Privateer Press (Booth 609)
- I’ll join fellow Skull Islanders Larry Correia, Miles Holmes, and Howard Tayler for a meet & greet with all you fantastic readers and readers-to-be. I’ll be signing the Devil Dogs novella The Devil’s Buy and the Cygnar vs. Convergence novel, Dark Convergence. How does one sign an electronic book? Privateer has that covered. Even if you’ve already bought the books, it’ll be worth visiting to learn the secret.
11:00-12:00 WS: Magic and Mysticism (Room 244)
- Lou Anders, Brandon Sanderson, Elizabeth Vaughn, and yours truly will discuss how magic works in a fantasy setting, because it sure as heck doesn’t work in an SF setting.
12:00-13:00 WS: Government & the Rule of Law (Room 244)
- Whether you’re a reader, writer, or gamer, here’s a subject that’ll help you understand or flesh-out your fantasy theocracies, oligarchies, plutocracies, or whatever. Richard Lee Byers, Jim C. Hines, and Howard Andrew Jones will wax eloquent on the subject, while I interject about watery tarts and the violence inherent in the system.
14:00-15:00 WS: Pitches, Proposals, and Promises (Room 245)
- Jennifer Brozek, Jaym Gates, Monica Valentinelli, and my token Y chromosome will share our experiences as editors and writers in how best to pitch stories and novels, and why it’s important to deliver what you promise.
16:00-17:00 Signing @ Paizo (Booth 203)
- The signings today and tomorrow will include some or all of this lot: Richard Lee Byers, Ed Greenwood, Howard Andrew Jones, Chris A. Jackson, James Sutter, Jim Zub, and Yours Truly. Don’t tell any of us that you like our books best while the others are sitting right there! Unless it’s me. The others have thick skins. They’ll be all right.
Where’s Dave Friday? The first person to shoot me the tines at the convention center today receives a gift.